Friday 28 September 2012

INTRODUCTION



Hii all,
I am currently pursuing LL.M in Air and Space Law as an Erin J. C. Arsenault Fellow from McGill University, Canada which incidentally has recently been ranked as one of the world’s top 20 universities. I come from India from where I recently graduated in law (2012) after completing five years integrated programme.
  I have spent around a month in McGill now and needless to say it has been a wonderful experience. However, here I do not want to talk about my life in Montreal (that is where McGill is located) or how good McGill is (though I might do that later). Here I want to talk about the process, the story about how I am in Mcgill now.
 It is end September and the time to apply for studies abroad. Last year, time was a hectic time for me , writing and rewriting statement of purposes, filling forms, deciding on universities abroad I wanted to LLM from. For six months, this was all that I did. The work seemed unending. I am sure many of my juniors are facing the same right now. I have been getting emails from them asking about how I did it, how difficult it was, whether is it worth or not, from whom to get recommendation, how to write SOPs, etc etc. So, I thought instead of answering their questions in piecemeal manner, why not write a blog on this. So here you go guys- this is my LL.M Application Diaries- it talks about all that I did, that I should have done and the blunders that I made. Hope this helps.
Since, I am a law student and I applied only for masters in law, this blog would talk only about that. I do not know about applications for masters in other subjects (though probably it would be essentially same) and definitely nothing about PhD  applications. So, I presume this would be helpful mainly to law students in India planning to do LL.M from universities in USA, U.K. and Canada. I hope you all find this blog useful.

Good Luck
- Author

No comments:

Post a Comment